When Should My Child First Visit A Dentist?
First Visit by First Birthday
What Happens During a Child’s First Dental Appointment?
When you bring your child in for their first dental appointment, we will begin by making sure everyone is comfortable and excited to be at the dentist’s office. We always take a fun, friendly approach to leave only positive impressions!
After we have greeted your child and shown you around the place, we will have you comfortably settle into the examination room. Your baby will sit in your lap during the appointment when we quickly look around their mouth to make sure everything looks great. After this visual examination, we will take the time to fully discuss anything you may want to talk about related to your little one’s oral health. Some of the questions parents commonly ask during their child’s first dental appointment include:
- Should I brush my child’s teeth with toothpaste? How often?
- When should I begin flossing their teeth?
- Is fluoride necessary or safe for kids?
- What if my baby doesn’t like when I brush their teeth?
- Should I take any extra precautions to prevent baby bottle tooth decay?
- Is thumbsucking harmful for my child’s developing mouth?
Schedule an Appointment Today!
If you have a one-year-old or toddler who hasn’t been to a children’s dentist, it’s time to find one! At The Kids Dentist, we provide friendly and fun first dental visits. Schedule one for your child today!